Release Notes for TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3
This file contains important information about TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3.
For the latest version of this file, see
Release notes for TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3.
Installation and Configuration
Migration from TIBCO® Spotfire® Analytics Server 10.1
Upgrade from a previous TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.x version
Configuration and Administration
See the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server System
Requirements web page for a detailed description of the system requirements for TIBCO® Spotfire®
Read the Installation and Configuration Manual on how to install and configure TIBCO® Spotfire® Server
Important note: The 3.3.3 version of TIBCO® Spotfire® Server is a maintenance
release. If you already have version 3.3.0, 3.3.1, or 3.3.2 installed you should not install
version 3.3.3. Instead you should apply the latest 3.3 patches available at the
TIBCO® Spotfire® support site and download the latest documentation from the TIBCO
Spotfire Technology Network.
- Run the supplied SQL scripts to generate the new 3.3.3 database, unless you intend to upgrade a previous
- Install TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3.
- After installing the server, please register the product on the
http://support.spotfire.com/dsregister/ web page.
- If you intend to migrate from a TIBCO® Spotfire® Analytics 10.1 server to a TIBCO® Spotfire® 3.3.3 server,
the recommended procedure is to complete the migration of data and configuration before starting the
3.3.3 server, see Migration from TIBCO® Spotfire® Analytics Server 10.1.
- Start the server and launch the TIBCO® Spotfire® Configuration Console to perform the Server configuration.
Note that the URL for the Configuration Console has changed from http://server:port/admin in version
3.0, to http://server:port/config in later versions.
You must install TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3 according to steps 1 through 3 above before you can do
It is very important that you read the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3 Migration Manual.
- Install the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3 Migration Tool.
- Shut down the TIBCO® Spotfire® Analytics Server 10.1.
- Run the migration tool on the TIBCO® Spotfire® Analytics Server 10.1.
During TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3 installation you can choose to upgrade from a previously existing
TIBCO® Spotfire® 3.x installation.
It is very important that you read the Upgrade section in the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3 Installation
and Configuration Manual.
- Shut down the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.x.
- At the end of the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server 3.3.3 installation, choose to perform an upgrade.
- Perform the upgrade according to the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server Installation Manual.
- If the Composite JDBC driver has been deployed on the 3.x server, it will be automatically moved to
the 3.3.3 server during upgrade. We recommend that you always upgrade to the latest version of the Composite
- Avoid group names containing single quote characters. It is possible to create such a group but it will
- On the Windows operating system, if the msvcr71.dll is not found in the path when starting the Windows
service for the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server, it will fail to start. To remedy this problem, copy the msvcr71.dll
from the <installation-directory>\jdk\bin directory to either the <installation-directory>\tomcat\bin
folder or to the Windows system32 folder.
- If you run the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server on a machine with very little memory, shutting down the TIBCO®
Spotfire® Server might cause the shutdown process to run out of memory. If this occurs you need to manually
terminate the Tomcat process.
- If you use OpenSSL on a Windows operating system to generate X.509 certificates, beware that international
characters in certificates will not work. We recommend Microsoft Certification Authority Services to
be used instead.
- If you try to download third party components during installation, without an Internet connection, you
will get a warning in the installation log. The installation will still complete successfully. If your
configuration depends on those third party components you will have to download them manually. Consult
the Installation and Configuration Manual for more information.
- If the Oracle 10g JDBC driver (ojdbc14.jar) has been used in your 10.1 installation it must be temporarily
replaced with the Oracle 11g JDBC driver (ojdbc6.jar) or else the migration will not complete successfully.
For more information please refer to the Database Drivers chapter in the TIBCO® Spotfire® Server Migration Manual.
- To use the Configuration Console when Enhanced Security is enabled on Windows Server 2003, 2008 and
2008 R2, the server needs to be added to the list of Trusted Sites.
- In the Configuration Console, sometimes you need to click twice in order to select the correct data
source template from the drop down menu in the Default Join Database screen.
- In the Configuration Console, sometimes an error message is shown when reverting changes in the Default
Join Database screen while another screen has focus. Going back to the Default Join Database screen
fixes the problem.
- In the Configuration Console, in the Add Server dialog, clicking OK without specifying a server name
or IP address will generate an unexpected error.
- After adding, removing or renaming users in the Administration Console, the users list will be cleared
and you will have do a new search to see the effects of the operation.
- In the Administration Console, the force upgrade flag that can be set during deployment is not persisted
in the deployment description and will therefore not reappear in the UI when doing subsequent deployments.
In the case where you redeploy packages you will have to set the force upgrade flag again. The flag,
if set, is still written correctly to the client manifest file.
- If you export a configuration from one cluster and import that into another cluster, the decryption
of included passwords will fail. If LDAP authentication is used, running a "Test Configuration" at this
point can still give the result "Test Configuration Successful" (despite the lack of a valid password)
as the test is done using anonymous bind. Solution: After importing the configuration into the new cluster,
re-enter the passwords in the new configuration.
- When login in to the Configuration Console or the Administration Console using Firefox 4, a warning
dialog is displayed indicating that Firefox 4 isn't an supported browser. Ignore the warning and click
- Filtering on a column that is defined as DOUBLE can produce incorrect behavior under certain circumstances.
This is due to a bug in Oracle (According to Oracle, the following bug numbers apply: 1375960, 1569966,
- Substructure search may fail for structures larger than 4000 bytes if the columns in the query are in
a certain order. This is a limitation in Symyx Direct.
- There is a problem with running an Information Link from the Information Library, when using structure
search prompting. The Edit structure function is broken; returning this structure to the prompt dialog
will not work.
- Accessing stored procedures via Oracle database links does not work.
- Procedures cannot handle parameters of Oracle type Date.
- The server side data pivoting capabilities in Information Services require sub-queries support in the
underlying database. Sub-queries are not supported in older databases such as MySQL 4.0.
- Information Services does not support stored procedures using the Teradata database.
- The DataDirect JDBC driver for Oracle reports procedure types as "Pre" instead of "Query".
This will not prevent a user from setting the procedure to a query procedure in Information Services.
- Properties are not always converted to data table or column properties correctly when reading an Information
- For pre-version 5.0 Composite JDBC drivers, values of type DATE or TIME created or manipulated in Composite
Studio will not show the correct date or time, respectively, in TIBCO® Spotfire®.
- If you use the bundled DataDirect v4.1 Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver to connect to a database, listing
that database might fail if the schema contains overloaded procedure definitions. This is a know issue
in the DataDirect JDBC driver. This issue does not occur using the Microsoft JDBC driver.
- There is an issue with the bundled DataDirect v4.1 Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver and TIME columns
in Microsoft SQL Server 2008. If you try to read this data type through Information Services without
supplying a database name on the connection URL the call will fail. This is a known issue with the DataDirect
JDBC driver. This issue does not occur using the Microsoft JDBC driver.
- The Netezza JDBC driver, versions 5.0.8 and earlier, must have fetch size set to 255 or less, or the
complete dataset may not be read.
To receive help with problems or to submit comments, please contact us at the
TIBCO® Spotfire® Customer Support site or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More news on TIBCO® Spotfire® Server can be found in the online documentation or on the
TIBCO Spotfire web site.
The TIBCO® Spotfire® team